Saturday 20 April 2013

A Good Place to begin...

It seems there is no Jane Austen Society of Ireland in existence - so I feel it is high time one got started.
I have been thinking of the society that I had hoped to find out there and of what I would want from that group.
Firstly, I would want a sense of kinship with other Irish readers, for the love we feel for this wonderful writer.
Secondly, I would be interested to read about recent publications, films and on-line articles relating to the author.
Thirdly, I would like to attend talks on Jane Austen's life and work by experts in this field of study. Finally, I would hope to find information about trips to Austen country, with perhaps an annual society outing to Hampshire or Bath etc. for those willing travellers out there.

However, as the Society is in its infancy, I suppose it is best to take one sensible step at a time, beginning with the recruiting of some like-minded members!

No comments:

Post a Comment